Armored crawler cabin
Cabin adjustments to suffice the new task for detecting conventional explosives. All adjustments are executed according to the BRL-OCE guideline, (Appendix 5).
The purpose of this project was to modify a manufactured cabin and thereby create a safe working environment for the crane engineer while detecting explosives.
For this task, the crawled excavator has been transported with special transport to Metagro. The pre-fabricated parts are mounted at Metagro.
- Approved according to guideline BRL-OCE (Appendix 5).
- External thick-walled steel plating (acting as plate armor).
- External double glued wood plating (acting as a protective layer).
- Current glazing replaced for polycarbonate glass.
- Armored polycarbonate front windows (more than 30mm thick).
- The replaced glazing is accessible for cleaning.
- The windshield is equipped with an additional windshield wiper with the possibility to link with the existing wiper system.